Friday 24 May 2013

Showcase: Space Dwarves - Hasslefree Grymm

Thanks to 40k's genesis as a spin off from Warhammer Fantasy Battle space orks and knights are pretty common among sci fi minis. It's a little odd then that dwarves were few and far between for many years after GW wrote the Squats out of the 40k universe. Happily that isn't the case any more. For my tastes, Hasslefree's Grymm are some of the best space Dwarves out there and there's quite a bit of competition these days. I like the clean sculpts wnd the and the modern sci fi look. Anyhow, a while ago I painted some up for use in a Sci Fi role playing game I was running.

Painting wise they were fun to do and quite straightforward. I spent a bit longer on Kraggs and the pilot as I anticipated them being named NPCs in the game. The main point of interest was that this was my first experiment with the Games Workshop texture paints for basing.  I was quite pleased with results and they're very easy to use, you just paint them on. I did do a couple of coats though.
The Grymm advance across unknown terrain
The Grymm advance across unknown terrain

Kraggs leads his troops forwards
Kraggs leads his troops forwards

Grymm trooper takes aim...
Grymm trooper takes aim...

Civilian pilot for the Grymm's shuttle
The civilian pilot looks around nervously.

Kragg the squad leader
Kragg the squad leader hefts his axe.

Two sentry guns from EM4 miniatures
The Grymm deploy sentry guns for additional fire support.










No comments:

Post a Comment