Wednesday 22 May 2013

Showcase: Female Viridian Sniper

Just a quick post tonight as it's been a while since I posted anything. Here's another of my Imperial Guard figures, this one being a Viridian Sniper from Urban Mammoth. Their Viridians make great Imperial Guard although I think they look more like veterans than ordinary guardsmen. (I do have some GW figures in this army, honest!)
Female Viridian Sniper
Viridian Sniper

Anyhow, I painted this some years back and did it as a bit of a study in painting different greens. It was quite fun to do and I was pleased with the results. The warm skin tones and the red lenses contrast with the cooler green colours which I think is what makes the paint job work. Picking a good colour scheme is half the battle in painting I think. 

Hmm, one day I'll actually have to finish the base and re-photograph it better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment